Sunday, July 10, 2011

The words on my heart tonight...

"I lift my heavy heart up solemnly,
As once Electra her sepulchral urn,
And, looking in thy eyes, I over-turn
The ashes at thy feet. Behold and see
What a great heap of grief lay hid in me,
And how the red wild sparkles dimly burn
Through the ashen greyness. If thy foot in scorn
Could tread them out to darkness utterly,
It might be well perhaps. But if instead,
Thou wait beside me for the wind to blow
The grey dust up,... those laurels on thy head,
O my Beloved, will not shield thee so,
That none of all the fires shall scorch and shred
The hair beneath. Stand further off then! go!"
-Elizabeth Barret Browning, Sonnet V~


"And wilt thou have me fashion into speech
The love I bear thee, finding words enough,
And hold the torch out, while the winds are rough,
Between our faces, to cast light on each?-
I drop it at thy feet. I cannot teach
My hands to hold my spirit so far off
From myself--me--that I should bring thee proof
In words, of love hid in me out of reach.
Nay, let the silence of my womanhood
Comend my woman-love to thy belief,-
Seeing that I stand unwon, however wooed,
And rend the garment of my life, in brief,
By a most dauntless, voiceless fortitude,
Lest one touch of this heart convey it's grief."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Sonnet XIII~

Love the sonnets of Elizabeth Barret Browning... they are so expressive. I love these two written above... they are simply...

BEAUTIFUL... SENTIMENTAL... SAD BUT SWEET... WRITTEN FROM HER DEEPEST EMOTIONS... DEFINITELY MY DEFINITION OF TRUE POETRY...
         I SIMPLY LOVE POETRY...


...........................

Tonight is so lovely outside... it's just breathtaking to feel the warm wind, watch grasses sway in the breeze, see the world turn to it's twilight hour, and know that God gave this to us for our pleasure. It can be comforting, to know that He loves us enough to place all this before us...and that He works all to our good... He knows us so well. He knows what is best for us. He works all to our good, and His glory; because He loves us. He is such a loving Saviour. Just trust Him, dear reader! As a friend told me only this afternoon: He is the One who is the Great Creator... He knows every part of us, and knows what is best for us. He created us, and is the writer of our days... so isn't He worthy of our trust in whatever situation we are facing? Doesn't He care for us, and will deliver us if we trust in Him? ...I think I needed to be reminded of that. Now I share those words with you, as they are the words on my heart tonight,...

Simply trust Him.....

Love,
Tawney Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment