Sunday, October 2, 2011

Better Water

Hello everyone!

So sorry this has been so long delayed in coming. Life has just been too busy for blogging. Not that blogging doesn't have it's place,... it just has been too busy to sit down and feel energized enough to write you a half-decent post, or want to ramble about doing school. It's a season I'm in, I suppose. Not that I'm lacking in inspiration. I feel it's been the opposite lately; that I am simply overflowing with inspiration in my Bible-reading,
writing, etc. but there hasn't been a time, or place to let it flow over from the thoughts to the words. It's been good for me, though, in ways. I'm learning to mull over the thoughts and things I'm learning/recieving more, instead of hurriedly putting them to paper or action. And what I've realized is that those things mature more when I don't spew them out at the exact moment I've recieved them or thought of them, if that makes sense to any of you. I'm simply learning to DIG DEEPER.
But that doesn't mean that that is easy. Growth never is. There's always pain involved, and the pruning shears of a Loving Husbandmen who cuts away the old, dead branches that are hindering our ability to bear fruit (I was reading John 15 last night. So good). Sometimes it means that He is going to let us have some sort of dryness in the season around us, but it is only so we dig deeper to find BETTER WATER to drink from. There is a story of two types of vines in a vineyard I heard just recently. One is a vine that they water constantly, but by the third or fourth year it has to be thrown out because it has been watered so much... leaving it with only a short-period fruit-bearing season. The other vine lasts ten to fifteen years. And this vine is not watered so much, causing stress to it and forcing it to stretch further into the ground. This causes a vine that has to go deeper to find natural water. And I realized something. Maybe these dryer seasons when we are waiting for that "sound of abundance of rain" that Elijah speaks of, are so that we will dig deeper to find fresh, natural, living water. Maybe you aren't getting very watered. Maybe that is God trying to grow you, and make you a Vine that will last to bear Him an abundance of fruit. Maybe He wants you to dig deeper. He could take all this away in a moment, but that will not be best for us in our growth. He wants to grow us, and He is not going to sacrifice your calling and development for yor personal comfort. "For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth."
-Isaiah 62:1 He will not rest until you are the woman or man of God He has called and destined for you to be.
You may feel God has left you. But that is not the case. He is doing this so you can draw closer to Him. This is His way of taking what is Desolate and Forsaken and making it something that is a delight and yeilds fruit, if we let God makes us into what He would have us to be. "Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land anymore be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married."-Isaiah 62:4 Hephzibah means "My delight is in her". This is the God who Loves and cares for you and is doing this so you can be made even more after His image.
And your fruit bearing season will come in time. Only recently I was talking to someone who told me she thought that she couldn't see things changing with situations around her, and that she had been trying for so long to bear fruit in areas she was supposed to be caring for, and nothing seemed to be giving,... but from the bottom of my Heart I want to say this: your season is coming. The principle of sowing and reaping is still true. Don't pull back. Don't pull back. Keep pressing in and searching for that natural water. You will reap in time. Even if the people around you are not responding, even if situations and circumstances continue on so dry right now, there is a reward in the end in the hand of the Lord, so keep digging deeper. God has said in His word "The LORD hath sworn by His right hand, and by the arm of his strength, Surely I will no more give thy corn to be meat for thy enemies; and the sons of the stranger shall not drink thy wine, for the which THOU HAST LABOURED: BUT THEY THAT HAVE GATHERED IT SHALL EAT IT, AND PRAISE THE LORD; and they that have brought it together shall drink it in the courts of my holiness." -Isaiah 62:8-9
Don't pull back. Keep growing. God says that if you labour for this, you will reap it, and be able to rejoice in that time. For now, though, dig deeper, and find that better water.

I Love you all, and am praying for each and every one of you during the different seasons of life we all are facing. Let's all go to Him and drink from the Water of Life!

Love,
Tawney Rae <3

No comments:

Post a Comment