Sunday, October 23, 2011

Catching Up,...

Just thought I'd do a more random, heart-to-heart-, over a cup-o'-coffee type of post for you all,... I'm sure you all are sick of hearing me yelling on my blog and could use a break! :) Now that doesn't mean the new series is going to be cancelled,... trust me, it's coming,... :) Just thought I'd give you all a breather here, and let you know what's been going on in this crazy head... big and small, serious and sort of silly. :) SO,...

......


"So long as our Lord is first served."
-Joan of Arc

These words have been on my Heart quite a bit the last few days. I think I am realizing more and more how everything must be given over to Christ -even the "harmless" acts- and must be done in the way that will bring Him glory and honour above all. I want my Lord to be served first; above the desires of my Heart, my dreams, my needs and wants-- it must be Christ in the center and forefront of all things. "So long as our Lord is first served," all things may be done as unto Christ, and in a spirit that pleases our Lord and Master. May our Lord be first served. <3


As to my life in general,... I'm being reminded that everything has it's season. I think I'm coming into sunshine in some areas, though, and am learning so much from things God has just brought me through. Everything is in His perfect timing... and when we learn to accept that in faith,... oh wow, is it a blessed life we can lead! Nothing will last forever, though, and we must remember it's only for a season-- so keep looking up! <3
......
Life has been crazy and joyful,... did I say I'm learning the Clarinet and am LOVING it? Yup. Another musically-related thing to keep me busier than ever. :) It's good though. EXCEPT for when the tip of your reed breaks in Band class, and you get A SLIVER IN YOUR TONGUE. Seriously. I actually got a sliver in my tongue from my reed-- either I am really that blonde, or that was the funkiest reed that ever was made. At least I can say I am getting my battle-wounds from the Clarinet and am working hard at it!!! :)

Daddy gave me a Purity ring for my 16th birthday. It was my Mama's when she was 16. A very sweet gesture, I thought. <3 I love my Daddy. <3

I went to Ross Lake Sun-Wed. of last week with my cousin and grandparents. We had so much fun. And I caught a fishy. Yes, I did keep him. :) I'm thinking some lemon, onion, butter and salt on him might be pretty tasty,... :)

I'm reading Isaiah in my Bible-reading. It's been good. I always love the book of Isaiah. I know, it is confusing, but it's my favorite book in the Bible. It always keeps me thinking, and the Lord always speaks to me out of it whenever I read it. I don't know what it is, I just love it. <3


I want to go to a different country quite a lot right now. I have always been the type of person who would love to travel, but,... right now I think I am getting a pretty bad case of "wanting an adventure" syndrome. I get that every now and then. It can be pretty bad. I have made up a list of all the places I want to go to, too,... yup... someday I'll see them all. Here's some of them (I only say some because it would be easy for me to forget a few with how many places I want to go to,...)

1. Travel the U.S.-- esp. WA, D.C. area.
2.Paris, France, Italy-- all in one shot. Climb the Eiffel Tower, every single step of it. :)
3.Tour India-- visit where Amy Carmichael started her orphanage home/her grave/William Carey's historical home. Also tour through Bangladesh.
4.Rome. Visit the Vatican. Oh, and the Catacombs.
5.Belgium.
6.Austria.
7.Scotland and Ireland. Want to do a lot of sight-seeing.
8.Germany.
9.Greece. Want to do a lot of sight-seeing/"live" in the culture a little while there.
10.The Caribbean Islands.
11.Mt.Kilimanjaro.

So there is part of my bucket list of places to go,... and I really would like to go now. :) Just sayin'. :)

I'm going to be doing *Sweet Sixteen* pictures with Mrs.Fuller soon. So excited for that. It'll be fun. Callie and I are planning some really CRAZY ones too, so keep an eye out for photos I may be (or she might on "the book face thing" ) posting here soon,... <3 :)

God is really enabling me to open up on some areas of my life lately, and it's been really good for me. It's so good to be able to talk to other people about what God is doing in your life or what He has taught you in the past. God is GOOD. <3

And last, but not least,...
I turned 16 last week. <3

And I should really, really get off of here, and go make myself a cup of tea. I need Tea. <3

Love, LOVE, LOVE,
XOXOXOX,
Tawney Rae <3













No comments:

Post a Comment